Governors form one of the largest volunteer groups in the country. They play an important part in the running of the school by providing strategic leadership and accountability.
There are two main committees within the Governing Body, and all Governors belong to at least one of these –
Finance and General Purposes
Standards and Curriculum.
These committees report all matters to the Full Governing Body meetings, held at least termly.
The key functions of Governors are to:-
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving the aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving the aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress towards achieving the aims and objectives
- challenge and support to the Headteacher (a ‘critical friend’).
For further information regarding governors please go to the Hampshire County Council Governors site - http://www3.hants.gov.uk/education/governors/gov-volunteer.htm
Please see the information below regarding our Governing Body.
(We currently have a vacancy for a Governor. If you are interested, please contact the school for further deatils.)