Governors form one of the largest volunteer groups in the country. They play an important part in the running of the school by providing strategic leadership and accountability.
The key functions of Governors are to:-
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving the aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving the aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress towards achieving the aims and objectives
- challenge and support to the Headteacher (a ‘critical friend’).
For further information regarding governors please go to the Hampshire County Council Governors site - http://www3.hants.gov.uk/education/governors/gov-volunteer.htm
Please see the information below regarding our Governing Body.
(We currently have a vacancy for a Governor. If you are interested, please contact the school for further deatils.)
We currently have a vacancy for a Parent Governor.
Please see the document below if you would like more information about this special role.