Primary School Menus
The full plate service continues to be standard for all Hampshire Catering Service (HC3S) primary school meals, allowing each child to select a main item from the menu, which automatically comes accompanied by vegetables, carbohydrate and a dessert (fruit is always a dessert option).
Our menus adhere to the nutritional standards that came into effect from September 2008 and each child will have the opportunity to have at least two portions from a selection of vegetables, salad and fruit with their meal. We will also be continuing to offer additional bread as a free extra to our meals and water is available throughout the lunch period.
HC3S also now have a facebook page link: @hc3seducation. Menus are posted at 3.15pm each day for the
next day. Also news about HC3S and school meals are regularly posted along with updates on food policy and current HC3S activities.
Please find attached link for the menu for April - October 2021
Please find attached link for Special Diet Application Form
All Infant School children are entitled to Universal Free School Meals.
However, for some children, schools will also be able to claim Pupil Premium, which will help provide further support for those children. The criteria for eligibility is the same as the free school meal criteria from Key Stage 2 onwards.
This criteria for eligibility is where parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs1
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
No other benefits qualify.